Legal procedure to change daughter's name in birth certificate

Can i change my daughters name in birth certificate and now she is 9 months old.. what is the procedure

Answers (3)

231 votes

action has to be taken to issue gazette notification stating the reason for change of name supported by an affidavit signed before notary and has to be filed in the prescribed proforma obtained with serial number affixed in the application.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

333 votes

You cannot change your daughter's name in the birth certificate now. However, you may change your daughter's name by a gazette notification, after due publication of the facts in newspaper and supported by an affidavit for the purpose of name change.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
247 votes

You have to approach the Government Gazatte for change of name. You have to submit application and documents with your passport size photo. It will take ten days. They will provide five copies of the magazine. That copy can be used as proof of change of name.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles