×

Legal procedure to change daughter's name in birth certificate

Can i change my daughters name in birth certificate and now she is 9 months old.. what is the procedure

action has to be taken to issue gazette notification stating the reason for change of name supported by an affidavit signed before notary and has to be filed in the prescribed proforma obtained with serial number affixed in the application.

You cannot change your daughter's name in the birth certificate now. However, you may change your daughter's name by a gazette notification, after due publication of the facts in newspaper and supported by an affidavit for the purpose of name change.

Shaniwar Peth, Pune

You have to approach the Government Gazatte for change of name. You have to submit application and documents with your passport size photo. It will take ten days. They will provide five copies of the magazine. That copy can be used as proof of change of name.