Legal procedure for change of name in the birth certificate

My daughter is 10 months old and we want ti get the name amended in birth certificate. Kindly provide the procedure to change the same,

Answers (1)

247 votes

No specific procedure, contact to comcern municipal corporation and submit the application for change, as your daughter is only 10 months old so there is no problem to change her name in this stage and municipal corporation may change it easily.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I married my wife 8 months back and registered the marriage 2 months back. My wife's DOB in the marriage certificate is mentioned wrong. Her corre…

Read More

Hello, My daughter was born in Noida, and got Birth certificate from there itself in 2013. Now I want to change her name, what is the process for the …

Read More

How can I get adjournment date from court? I don't have a birth certificate. I applied in the municipality to issue me a birth certificate. I got an o…

Read More

I want to change the name of my daughter legally. The gazette department (Govt. Press) of Gujarat is refusing to do it insisting that the middle name …

Read More