Legal action for wrong & fake marital status on the passport

Respected Sir/Mam, My husband brought fresh passport after marriage as he showing his marital status single without my knowledge and also run a case of under section 9 on temporary address that is also without my knowledge .All this depression my father passed away .The police filed FIR against my husband 498A,406nd 506 .Now i also came to know about his passport cheat . The police said we cannot compliant his passport in the court case 498a bcoz its going to court nd trail start .I felt that justice never lie anywhere bcoz when i go to police how can he done verfication of passport its shocked to see there is no any record of police verification on respective police station.what can i do now?

Answers (2)

319 votes

Firstly you move application/letter to the passport authority of indian regarding his fraud along with copy of marriage certificate they will cancel his passport and you move one complaint to SSP of your area regarding his fraud a criminal case can be register against him for fraud and under passport act

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

156 votes

What is your real grouse here? I have failed to understand. You were unhappy you filled 498a, 406, 506 and case is pending. Now wait for the decision. If you are concerned about passport information, ask the trial court to impound it since you fear of he leaving abroad but only passport authorities can take action on this. You may write to passport authorities in writing and Let's wait to hear from them.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles