is Notorised Adoption paper Valid?

brother adopted 4 years back and was adopted from Bua.. his biological mother is asking her son back. we had a notorised adoption paper and and do not have an adoption deed. what can we do to keep him with us.

There is very little information given by you to enable me to give you a proper response. However, you should know that having a written document is not the only condition to make an adoption valid. I am assuming you are a Hindu. The Hindu Adoptions and Maintainance Act 1956 lays down the essentials of a valid adoption. Your case has to be analysed in the perspective of this entire piece of legislation, that is the Hindu Adoptions and Maintiance Act. I suggest to purchase a bare act (50 rupees or so) and read it.