Is notification in newspaper mandatory for name change

Hi, I got married 11 years back, both of us are Hindus. We have a marriage certificate under Special Marriage Act. My wife changed her surname from her father's surname to my surname 11 years back. All her documents like PAN, Aadhaar, Voter's card, bank passbooks etc. have her new surname but we have just realized that the name change affidavit that she did before public notary 11 years back after we received marriage certificate wasn't with any photograph and it was only by her own and wasn't joint and there was no notification in any newspaper. Is this an issue to prove this name change since we have marriage certificate + single affidavit instead of joint and name change notification not published to any newspaper and what is the resolution ?

in such cases instead of keeping a notarised document, you are requested to obtain an Affidavit attested by a First Class Judicial Magistrate which can be obtained from the court that lies within the jurisdiction of the police station to which your residence lies.

LH House, Bangalore