If i start tailoring in my apartment. Is it legal to put up a board?

I want to start up a tailoring in my apartment. Is it legal to put a board? Will i have any tax liability?

In order to start a commercial activity at your residence, it is very important to be aware of the local zoning laws and Municipal laws of the area where the residence is situated. It is also very important to check the bylaws of the Co-operative society or Apartment where the flat is situate. A small % of the total area of the flat can be used for commercial activities subject to consent being obtained if such is required. Further details of the size of the business and state or area where the business is to be carried out has to be furnished to be able to advice fully whether or not such activity may or may not be permitted without consent. Depending on the nature and size of the activity, the tax payable would also be determined.