How to change the category in a community certificate

I have my mothers community as BC in my community certificate. Now I want change it to my fathers community FC in community certificate.

Answers (2)

266 votes

what is your age. if you are a student you can give your father's caste in the school certificate. if you apply for any job do not claim priority under BC quota. if you are married and got children enter your father's caste. if you still want to change your community apply to the Tahsildar where you got the BC certificate and give a representation to cancel your certificate and in that case you have to face an enquiry if any false declaration was given while getting BC certificate in your name. so it is better to leave as it is and do not claim priority by utilising your BC status.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes


You dont need a Certificate to claim be in the Forward Caste category. Community Certificate will be insisted only if you claim to be of any other community other than FC.

Arunkungumaraj Subramanian

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles