How can I change my wife's name?

i want to change the name of my wife. what is the procedure to do so

According to the custom in India, after marriage, the women changes her last name from her father’s name to her husband’s or husband family name. Though it is not mandatory, most of the women do it and in order to get it valid, the changed name needs to be documented in all her records thereafter. To make it easier, one just has to follow a few simple steps and the process would be simple to get the name changed in all the documents. The first and foremost step that is required is to obtain a marriage certificate. Now, this differs in each state across India and you need to follow the formalities as per the state you are residing in. The certificate would be obtained anywhere between 7 days to 3 months from applying.

Once the marriage certificate is obtained, then you need to apply for a name change at the office of the State Government Gazette. They would include your name change and make it official through announcements through local newspapers. A copy of this advertisement could serve as a legal document for a name change. Alternatively, if you do not wish to follow this process, a Joint notarized affidavit from a public notary would suffice the purpose. Once this is done, then with these documents you need to make the necessary changes in your other documents which include PAN Card, Bank Documents, Passport, Driving license, Loans, Insurance etc. Also make necessary information’s at the Local municipality authority, residential society, children’s school and other places that needs to be updated.

There is a process to change the name. You have to fill a form and then publish the same in newspaper. There is an objectionable clause also and if the objection is not raised then the process continues.