General Power Registration in Delhi, India

I am an NRI, and I want to give General Power of Attorney (GPA) to my sister, who lives in Delhi, India, to sign the property registration papers on my behalf. The property I am buying is located in Noida, UP. I have sent her the notarized GPA to her from the USA. What is the process of registering a GPA in Delhi?

Answers (1)

200 votes

The GPA executed outside India needs to be notorised by the consulate sitting in Indian embassy in the foreign country. The same needs to be compulsorily registered and stamped in India within 3 months from the date of receipt of the same in India by paying the registration fee and stamp duty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles