Do we need to change our religion in certificates ?

Hi, I am a Hindu and i would like to convert into Christianity(Roman Catholicism). I am 20 years old. I would like to convert my religion but I am afraid that my family would disown me after getting to know the fact that I am getting converted. Is it necessary to change my religion in the certificates(As it is a Hindu now) or can I have my religion as Hindu in the certificate and be baptized and practice catholic faith?

There is no need at all for the entries in the certificates to be changed once a person adopts or gets converted to another religion. What do you mean by "but I am afraid that my family would disown me after getting to know the fact" ? Such disowning is unknown to Law.

For getting the reservation / benefits under govt. schemes it is necessary to change the religion in your certificate also. If it is only for your belief, changing religion in you certificate is not necessary. IT is opt to you

LH House, Bangalore