Digital Signature - IT Act - Stamping

Is it legally sound for an agreement to be digitally dsigned by one party and manually signed by the other party. How is the stamp paper affixed in this situation?

Dear Querist, A document is executed when all the parties sign and acknowledge the terms and conditions thereof. In your query of the two persons are in different locations jurisdiction/state wise then it will create problem for registration.
If you intend to only execute documents but not register then its perfectly fine.

Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar

In my opinion it is perfectly fine if one party signs the document digitally while the other signs the print of the document manually and sends back the manually signed document to the other party. However, be careful if you intend to register the digitally signed agreement that is going to be troublesome. If not then no worry. Stamping can be done by way of franking.