Court Fees and Duty for immovable property in West Bengal

What would be the Court Fees / Duty for getting a Probate or Succession Certificate for inheriting immovable property in state of West Bengal.

Answers (3)

279 votes

The Stamp duty depends upon the Government department which they levied upon the valuation of the property and not on any other particular characteristics. Its better to please go and meet the authority as it is levied by them, but there is also a subject to a maximum limit to Rs 50,000/-.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

326 votes

The court may impose a percentage of assets as a fee to issue a probate. In Maharashtra, for example, a court fee of Rs 25 is payable for assets less than Rs 50,000; 4% for assets between Rs 50,000-2 lakh, and 7.5% for assets over Rs 2 lakh. There is a ceiling of RS 75,000.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
179 votes

In the matter of probate the court fees depend upon the valuation of the property as it is decide by the department. But the maximum court fees is Rs. 50000.
If the property is of high value you may ask to deposit the maximum court fees so that time be saved.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles