Conversion back to hindu invalidate marriage done under muslim law

Sir, Thank you so much for your reply. If I do the affidavit to Hindu, will my marriage stands invalid.

Answers (3)


You are most welcome. But your question could not be understood as what affidavit you are doing. But if you convert your religion and then verify it with an affidavit, your marriage will become void unless your spouse remarries you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

marriage cannot happen over affidavit, if you have to the same, you have to approach the court of law citing justiciable reasons for the same and by an order of court the same can be done and by no other way it can be done.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Well, conversion of religion is your fundamental right guaranteed by our constitution. However subsistence of marriage after conversion is a matter of controversy and depends on various circumstances. The law stands differentiated for a Muslim woman and a muslim man as per the relevant provisions under the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939.
It is better to consult with a lawyer who practices family and personal law, in this regard.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

On date of judgment I found a note disposed off on contest what it means we have challenged an arbitration award I n district court…

Read More

Myself and my fiance planning for our marriage, is there any possibilities to arrange paper documents other than marriage registration certificate for…

Read More

I want to start an NGO at all India Level. What are the legal formalities involved in it?…

Read More

Hi All, Kindly guide me to solve the following questions (in Tamilnadu State). - What is the Easiest, Cheapest and Earliest way to transfer (voluntari…

Read More