Clarification regarding verification of passport address

i received police verification report is not clear and the status of show cause report regarding my passport because i give the present address as my permanent address .but i studied in another location what should i do ?how i can explain?

Explain the real position to the police official who came for verification and if need be, a statement may be given relating to the present address where you have been living for the past 5 years. For further clarification approach the nearest passport office and they can help you and guide you in this regard.

You have to give proper explanation to the authorities concerned about your present and permanent addresses duly supported by documentary proofs. Otherwise, your passport application may not be processed.