Clarification regarding re issue of passport due to wrong DOB

Hi, I already have a passport, when I was a minor. And the DOB, given at that time is 11.04.1992. But all my other documents, SSC, Pancard, Aadhaar card , have DOB 11.04.1993. I applied for passport now, and it is placed under review, because, there is a change in DOB.I need a passport , ASAP. Can you please tell me, how to get this problem solved.

Answers (2)

319 votes

You may explain the reason for changing the DOB and how do you support your claim for the 1993 DOB
It shows you want to have the benefit of one year for some purpose
If according to you 1993 DOB is correct then you may have to file a case against the authority who made entries as 1992 DOB and get the relief if you are lawfully entitled to

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

64 votes

You have failed to mention what is actually your date of birth.. 1992 or 1993?
Usually a date or the month can be corrected but here there is a years difference, so you have to go with necessary proof file a suit for declaration before the Civil Court making the Corporation- Birth and Death regn. authority a party and then get the necessary correction done. There after get your other documents corrected and apply for your passport.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles