Clarification on procedure for name change in birth certificate

my daughter was born in 5/2017 and i have been staying with my parents since 8/2017. her birth certificate has my last name my husband's last name and i want to change it to my maiden name. i am not in contact with my husband since last 5 months. mcd office people said they will my husband's identity proof along with mine to change my name in her birth certificate. i dont have his identity proof. can you please confirm if i can change my last name in my daughter's birth certificate with my husband's id proof?

Madam,
It is very easy to change the name in their documents and u need to approach any good advocate or any one who is ready to spare time behind the publishing the details in news paper as well as affidavit in favour of her name for the same and u will be provided with 2 news paper with all detais and that u have to submit in the mcd office and after that u will get the same after 15 days.
Regards