Clarification on procedure for name change in birth certificate

my daughter was born in 5/2017 and i have been staying with my parents since 8/2017. her birth certificate has my last name my husband's last name and i want to change it to my maiden name. i am not in contact with my husband since last 5 months. mcd office people said they will my husband's identity proof along with mine to change my name in her birth certificate. i dont have his identity proof. can you please confirm if i can change my last name in my daughter's birth certificate with my husband's id proof?

Answers (1)

129 votes

It is very easy to change the name in their documents and u need to approach any good advocate or any one who is ready to spare time behind the publishing the details in news paper as well as affidavit in favour of her name for the same and u will be provided with 2 news paper with all detais and that u have to submit in the mcd office and after that u will get the same after 15 days.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Anup S Dhannawat
Borivali West, Mumbai
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles