Changed to Buddhism & want to change my caste in legal certificates

I have changed my religion to Buddhism, how can i change the caste from all certificates including sslc to Nil or just buddhism itself, I was a hindhu , from ezhava community (OBC)

Answers (1)

146 votes

Legally, Hindu includes Budhist, Jain and a Sikh. As such, the conversion makes no material difference,legally as to your religion, caste or community............................................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir, I am working as SDE (Gr.B Officer) in BSNL ( public sector unit under Indian government). Age about 42 Years. I am getting annual gross income Rs…

Read More

On of person who belongs general category but in his job he produce other backward class (OBC)CAST certificate .what will happen action in legle when …

Read More

My father was bank clerk in a govt bank upto 40 years of age n now he is promoted as an officer and his annual salary is more than 6 lacs.So I wanted …

Read More

Sir, As per Jharkhand Victim Compensation Act, an acid victim is entitled for Compensation of ₹3 Lac. However, Hon'ble SC and Delhi HC has sanct…

Read More