Change of name in title deed of Flat inwife's name after husband death

Christian Husband in Mumbai has left unregistered will(typewritten signed and duly attested by two witnesses in favour of his wife (now widow)also ChristianHow to change name of title deed of flat in Mumbai in her name. Also if a Christian dies intestate leaving behind widow and three children how will property (flat in Mumbai)be shared amongst them . Also as per Indian succession act 1925 will other lineal descendants / consanguial kindred be included /precluded from their share.

Answers (1)

343 votes

A will is not required to be registered compulsory. However in few areas in Mumbai you will have to get probate down from court, in order to get the flat trasfered in your name. Else you may submit a copy of the will on the society for transfer of shares. Property will be shared in equal proportion on widow and kids.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles