Change in birthday certificate how to correct it

Good day problem is about the birth certificate of my child .have two birth certificate first was his father surname.but then i found out that our marriage certificate was i filed a second birth certificate with my surname but now the register erase the second birth certificate .because they that the right one was the first birth certificate.can my child of legal age choose his surname.

Answers (1)

160 votes

Well after attaining legal age, your son can change surname.
Currently the process is to give public notice and have an affidavit in place
With Affidavit and public notice, the change of name has to be notified in official Gazette.
However, in the event you want give effect to change of name of your sin now then a court order would be required for that purpose.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles