Can wrong affidavit submitted at tehsil office be a punishable offence

My father has dead, but my uncle gave affidavit on tehsil office that his age is 65 year .and further he passed building Cote plan without consent of my father,s legal heir. Can I loved fir against him for wrong affidavit.and how can can it is considered as criminal offfence.

Answers (1)

272 votes

Your uncle corruptly used declaration, as true, in affidavit before public servant i.e. Tehsil, that, your father is alive and his age is 65 yrs old, though he knows it is false declaration and your father is dead. Makes any statement which is false in a declaration is an offence. Yes you can file FIR under Section 199 and 200 of Indian Penal Code against your Uncle.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles