Can I get my passport back if the session court suspends my conviction

I got convicted in 498a at lower court.During my passport renewal,it is impounded at passport office.After suspension of order at appeal stage in session court.can I request passport to get it back at session court.please help

Answers (1)

349 votes

Hello Sir, yes, you can file an application to release your passport. The Court will release. Suspension of order is different than the conviction or acquittal. Pending appeal also the Hon'ble Court will release your passport.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles