Can I extend the timeline for replying to a legal notice

Can I request more time than allotted 15 days to reply to the legal notice?

Dear Querist, You have not specified the section and provisions of law under which you have received the legal notice.
There are few provisions of laws where there is mandatory period for replying to notice and if your fail to reply than the addressee takes further legal course. For Example: Notice under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.

If the notice period is not mandatory then, you can write a letter and try getting extension.. but using the words collecting necessary information to reply to your notice.

Please feel free to call us, if any further queries.

Regards,
Rakesh V. Misar

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli