Can a person on whom a case is pending in a court of law be denied adm

If a person wants to pursue any professional course like law,can he be denied admission merely on the basis of facts that a case is pending against him in a court of law in India.

Answers (1)

225 votes

No, Admission to college or university can not be denied, only because a criminal case is pending final adjudication, even after court order, you shall have right to appeal against the unfavourable court order.

An order of court is considered final, only when it is passed by highest court of appeal, or an order against which no appeal is permissible under the law, though revision or SLP may be filed.

So one should not be denied admission to university only on the basis that some criminal case is pending against any student.

If any university or college has rule, that they will not admit anyone who has acted in misconduct, and accordingly they don't admit any student, then student must approach court of appropriate jurisdiction for remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles