×

quesCan a person on whom a case is pending in a court of law be denied adm

If a person wants to pursue any professional course like law,can he be denied admission merely on the basis of facts that a case is pending against him in a court of law in India.

• ansNo, Admission to college or university can not be denied, only because a criminal case is pending final adjudication, even after court order, you shall have right to appeal against the unfavourable court order.

An order of court is considered final, only when it is passed by highest court of appeal, or an order against which no appeal is permissible under the law, though revision or SLP may be filed.

So one should not be denied admission to university only on the basis that some criminal case is pending against any student.

If any university or college has rule, that they will not admit anyone who has acted in misconduct, and accordingly they don't admit any student, then student must approach court of appropriate jurisdiction for remedy.

Advocate Vivek Nasa

Gurgaon District Court, Gurgaon