Boy is 18 and girl is 20, can we do Court marriage

Sir, This is . I'm just 18 and I love a girl (age 20). We want to marry to each other. Sir, can we do court marriage. Please help us sir. I'm very glad to you. THANKING you

Answers (2)

137 votes

since you are only 18 years old your age marriage is 21 years so you can not get married at this age and the age of the girl is fine at the moment. so you can not get married until you attain the age of 21 years.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

If both boy and girl is of legal age then you can marry without the consent of your parents.

1. Application form in the prescribed format with the prescribed fee
2. Passport Size Photographs of Marrying Persons
3. Residential Proof of Marrying Persons.
4. Date of Birth Proof of Marrying Persons.
5. Residential Proof and PAN Card of Three Witnesses
6. Death certificate or divorce decree whichever is applicable, in case one of the parties had any marriages in the past.

In case where you have any threat from the parents of the girl then you can make a complaint in the police station regarding such threat.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
7 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles