Wife want separation from husband, please advise

I am 31yrs hindu married on 25aprl 2015.Wanting seperation with my husband.i dnt lk him n cant stay with him.faccing a lots of problems mentally n financially too rt now..mt parents are not interested for any seperation..kindly suggest for this ..

Answers (4)

156 votes

आपने कहा कि आप अपने पति से सेपरेट (पृथक) होना चाहती हैं... यहाँ पर यह स्पष्ट करना आवश्यक है कि हिन्दू विवाह अधिनियम में "पृथक्करण" और "विवाह- विच्छेद"(तलाक) हेतु अलग-अलग प्रावधान हैं।
अगर आप अपने पति से सिर्फ सेपरेट रहना चाहती हैं, तो आप इस अधिनियम की धारा 10 के अन्तर्गत संबंधित परिवार न्यायालय में याचिका दायर कर सकतीं हैं, किंतु यदि आप तलाक चाहती हैं ,तो आपको धारा 13 के तहत याचिका दायर करनी होगी...!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

yes you can file divorce case against your husband for cruelty and mental harassment etc. under hindu marriage act. If your parents are not ready for judicial separation you can contract district legal cell for pre litigation mediation.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
203 votes

Madam such advise can not be given on open forum however you can get divorce from your husband subject to proving certain allegations. The wil of your parents is not relevant. Even if your husband does not want give you divorce then also you can get. Kindly discuss with a good lawyer.

99 votes

Go for 125 maintenance, than wait for the husband to file for divorce or file divorce on mutusl basis with compensation amount .
best if possible give another chance to marriage and live togethet. .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles