Wife having a job claim maintenance from husband

At present I'm not working and from last 4 months I leave my in laws house because of mental torture and not satisfying even basic wants like food also if I start my job than can I claim my maintenance from my husband (Hindu)

Answers (2)

306 votes

Yes you can claim maintenance from your husband. You will get maintenance but if you are doing a job at present then the order of maintenance will be depends upon the salary of yours and salary of your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

1. You will have to file a petition for divorce. Then you can claim maintenance;
2. You can always claim maintenance from your husband even if you resume work. There are many precedents in women's favour.
3. You will need a local lawyer to help you with divorce proceedings etc.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles