Wife caught cheating,she filed a false 498a and 325 case against me

I m from Kolkata I belongs to muslim.but now I m at dubai since 20years for my job.after marriage our marriage life is gud going on and I have one daughter.after few years with family came for sattle dubai.after six month at dubai my wife have another relationship .when I found both of them at my room and on my bed then I m so irritated I have no idea what I do at that time .after few days I come back to Kolkata with my family bcz I m not interested stay with this lady then I case filled in divorce against my wife but my wife case against me case of 498,325 plz give me some suggestions wht I do

Answers (4)

160 votes

First you have to consult with good criminal lawyer if, already not. You have to take bail from concerned court for the charges/allegations labelled against you. After that you should contest the case as per guidance of your engaged lawyer.If she failed to prove the allegations charged against you you will be acquitted, otherwise, be punished. Divorce case is a civil suit no criminal procedure make obstacle before it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

73 votes

Adultery is a very good ground for divorce, provided if you have strict proof of the instance stated in your query. Do you have pictures and video recordings of the instances you have made in the query above. Thorough discussion is required.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
180 votes

Since you have already filled a divorce case against your wife hopefully on the ground of adultery and your wife has filed a case under section 498 A and 325 of IPC, all you can do upon Consulation with your lawyer who is conducting your divorce case, file a petition before the Honble High Court for quashing of the said criminal case pending against you if the same is initiated on false and frivolous grounds.
And proceed properly with your divorce case but please keep in mind that if your divorce case is based upon ground of adultery then its very hard task to prove.

105 votes

You are in right track. It is a common one that, after receiving Summons in connection with Divorce Suit, the lady usually file 498 (A) IPC against her husband and in-laws. and not only this, she can file Maintenance application too. My suggession is don't worry about it. carry out the direction of your Ld. Lawyer. OK.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles