Wife asking for divorce found out about extramarital affair

I am a class A government officer. After two years of marriage my wife has found my extra marital affair and i admit my fault for that, but her behaviour with me and my family was never good. Now since six months she is at her father's home and asking for divorce and money for sattelment what can be the consequences??

Answers (2)

66 votes

As per your query,

If you too wish to get a divorce, both can file a mutual consent divorce petition and settle the terms between your self. If you dont want to divorce her and continue your marital life, you need to file a petition for restitution for conjugal rights and ask your wife to come and reside with you.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

239 votes

Hi I have read ur question....Now if u r wife found ur marital affair then she can demand for divorce and here u admit ur fault. she can filed divorce petition against u but what is ur decision u will give divorce her or not ?? And other thing is that she can demand money from u as maintenance......So many query here....I will call u for additional information.....

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles