What to do if wife has left the house and never took care of me

I am hindu. My sick old 79 year old father lives with us. My wife since 2015 staying away from me intermitantly and now for last 6 months with no sexual relations in same house. She lives with our two daughters and has separated me and my sick old father. I was sick for one month and she didn't take any care of me. She takes no care of my sick old father.What options do I have?

Answers (3)

Under such circumstances you need to file a divorce petition on the ground of mental cruelty. Denying sexual relationship to husband is a mental cruelty, secondly separating husband and his father in a same house is a mental cruelty. Thirdly Ignoring and not taking care of husband when he is ill is also a mental cruelty. I am sure if these three facts are proved then you will get decree of divorce from the court. Further I must tell you that if wife forces her husband to leave his parents and to live separately with her is also a ground for divorce as held by Supreme Court recently.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Sir in this case you can file divorce petition in court and seek divorce from court , you can also file domestic violence complaint against her and if you want to live with her then you can go for restitution of conjugal rights. You can also file case for seeking custody of your daughters.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Hello! Firstly you have to tell me weather you want to live with her,is there any chance of reconciliation or you want to divorce her. You have both the options. Write me your position so that i can give you right opinion.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

im male ... we lived togethr for 6 months we are now separated for 8 months ... wife says as now as i slapped her heavily she left my home... but i di…

Read More

my wife and kid left me since six month because i have got cardiac issues further i have no contacts they are not ready live with me and they are not …

Read More

My daughter got married six year ago, and due to misunderstanding between husband and wife , stayed seperatly since last five years . now we want divo…

Read More

M married for 4 years and have a 21/2 old kid.therw is not one ounce of compatibility left bw me n my husband,who constantly uses abusive language for…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue