What to do if my case of divorce is pending and an application of RCR

I am a hindu. My divorce case is 13 years old and few questions has been asked in the PW1 cross and posted for continuation of cross. In the meanwhile the wife has filed Restitution of conjugal rights(RCR). My question is that if I get divorce in my petition will the pending RCR will become infructuous? Please reply me.

Answers (3)

204 votes

When your Wife has filed a RCR , she would obviously bring it forward before the respective court where your HmOP lies, as she is a contesting party in HMOP as well
So expect further more delay in your HMOP proceedings . All the best

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

274 votes

Hi sir madam.
It's very long pending case sir she file rcr mean this petition also came to same to your divorce because the judge will order to same time

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
112 votes

Did your wife file RCR recently? What is the stage of the RCR case? Is the RCR pending in the same court? Usually the trial in both the cases are done as joint trial. If you get divorce the Judge will consider the same and the RCR petition will be dismissed on merits. The Judge will take the evidence and proof given by you in your Divorce Petition and apply the same in RCR Case. If you need any further assistance/advice kindly contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles