Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What should I do if my wife files a false complaint of 498 a

My wife had ran away with jewellry and i had loged a police complaint her and also filed a court case against her. Now she is filling a false complaint of dowry in police station at her city.Police called us and i had given all documents of police complaint, court case etc. But DSP police of her city said give 2 or 3 lakhs to her and return court case otherwise we will file case of dowry against you. And calling us to come police station again and again. What should i do now?

Answers (3)

Firstly you can file petition under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act for the restitution of conjugal rights if you want to keep your relations going and it will also help you in criminal proceeding also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You should immediately file anticipatory bail. Anticipatory bail can be applied if there is a reasonable apprehension I’d arrest in a non bailble case .Whether F.I.R u/s 498 a is registered or not by the police till now does not make any difference.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

You may ask the DIG/ IG of the area to transfer the investigation of the case to some other police officer may be out of district as you are being threatened and apprehend false implication in Dowry case. You have not mentioned if you are willing to live with her. If that is so, you should file a case for restitution of conjugal rights U/9 of HMA. You can also file a complaint in Court for theft of jewelry if the same belongs to other family members. You have not mentioned what case you have filed.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

hi one my case 498a I want to trnfar Navsari to mumbai so what's is the procer for that…

Read More

My sister in law filed a case against my brother, I and my wife under section 498A. Can we challenge this? Do we have a legal recourse against this?…

Read More

I want to file a case of Maanhani as my husband has theft my password or hacked my ID & taken a print out of any chatting with my frnd...now he is…

Read More

Sir/Madam, After lot of false allegations and DV act/498A harassment, I went for divorce and after 8+ years fight marriage was dissolved after proving…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue