×

quesWhat is the procedure for divorce?

What is the procedure for divorce? I have been married for 2 years.

There are two options for getting a divorce: 

A. mutual consent: where both of you have to give a joint application for divorce and within a year you can get the order.

B. Contested: you will have to approach the court by filing a divorce petition citing necessary reasons. After the same is admitted notice will be served to your husband. Thereafter he will file reply and after subsequent hearing of each parties divorce order shall be granted.

This process is lengthy and takes close to 4 years.

• ansThere are two options for getting a divorce:
      B. Contested: you will have to approach the court by filing a divorce petition citing necessary reasons. After the same is admitted notice will be served to your husband. Thereafter he will file reply and after subsequent hearing of each parties divorce order shall be granted. This process is lengthy and takes close to 4 years.

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

Jakkur, Bangalore

• anseither husband or wife can file petition for divorce, parties must have been living separately for atleast 1 year before filing such a petition. The normal course for grant of divorce would be around 3 to 4 years.
      However if both parties are willing then they can file for divorce by mutual consent, which would be around 6 months only.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore

• ansHi, you have to file a petition for divorce before the competent court and you must stated in the petition that ground for divorce i.e cruelty, desertion etc........and you have to submit before the court.

Advocate Pradeep Bharathipura

Rajajinagar, Bangalore

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services