What is the procedure for a contested divorce?

Sir, I am suffering from Bipolar Disorder and due to this I am unable to do any job. Therefore my wife have leaved me before last three years. We have spend almost 12 years of marriage life together also. Now she is not agree to stay with me (since last 4 years) and she is not agree to give me divorce also. Sir I want to give her divorce. Please help me, What to do?

Answers (2)

335 votes

You can file a case on the ground of cruelty and desertion in the Family Court of your local jurisdiction. She would have to come to the Court to content the case. If she does not appear, the case may proceed without her ex-parte. Contact a ood family lawyer with all the facts of your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

265 votes

U can file divorce petition on the basis of desertion bcoz ir wife leave u 4 year ago and there is no relationship between u and ur wife from more than last 3 years which is solely a ground for divorce, go ahed and file divorce petition against her

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles