Interim maintenance CrPC

21-Sep-2023 (In Divorce Law)

What exactly is interim maintenance & how much can be ordered by court

My husband deserted me. It's been 6 months I have no clue abt his whereabouts. I have filed RCR and my lawyer has appealed for interim maintenance. The court has ordered only rs, 10000 as interim maintenance even after giving lT returns of my husband which shows his net income of around 2.25 lacs per month. I am not able to understand the concept of providing maintenance. My lawyer has not filed for maintenance under sec 125 crpc.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
751 votes
You will have to file an application under section 125 crpc in the concerned court. File for ad interim application as well. you can also claim maintenance under under hindu marriage act, domestic violence. Ask for maintenance under all provisions .It will increase

Answer #2
863 votes
Well, your lawyer has filed for Maintenance but, he has filed under Hindu Marriage Act with a Petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights , but he has not filed for Maintenance under Sec 125 of the CRPC, 1973.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."