What can be done if opponent's lawyer is delaying a divorce case

After 10 years of married life my wife started relationship with a guy and same has been caught in hand on 05.11.2015 in my house while the other guy trying to escape. Case is on still now but it seems both lawyers are trying to linger the case and spouse lawyer is just taking a new date and spouse family not showing any interest to sit and mutually settle for divorce. In this case can i file no fault divorce or any better suggestion for getting rid off. We are separated with no communication from 05.11.2015 to till date.

Answers (3)

212 votes

Change your lawyer and such proceedings do take time. You can file an appeal for speedy trial and submit the order before the court and seek for disposal. You can even go for mutual by informing the judge to convert it

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

What do you want?? You want divorce or mutual settlement? If you want divorce, you can change your Advocate anytime if you want. If you want mutual settlement, file a petition before the Learned Court for ADR i.e. Alternative Dispute Resolution by way of Mediation or you can directly talk to the judge and tell him to mutually settle the dispute if your wife wants so.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
58 votes

If both husband and wife agreed for divorce then file a joint petition for divorce by mutual consent otherwise you can file a contested divorce and without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

How a divorce case is filed by mutual consent? …

Read More

What Is the Process of mutual Divorce,need step by step details…

Read More

My wife is not coming back to home from last 4months and they are now demanding rs 5 lakhs and she had stolen gold purchased by both the parties they …

Read More

Iam hindu male from Dehradun. Iam on verge of divorce. Tried mutual but girl with the help of women ngo threatening to give 15 lkh but our last was 8l…

Read More