What are the options available when wife files a fake dowry case

My cousin bro wife already give fake dowry complaint in local police station... Police already enquired and closed the fake dowry complaint... Now my cousin brother is planning to file a divorce case against his wife.. My question is 1. police already closed the fake dowry complaint however is there any possibility to file 498a dowry case against my cousin brother and his family members ? 2. Cousin bro wife is in her parents home for last one and half year , is there any possibility to file DV case in court ? BCS I searched in Google many of the lawyers comments is if couples separated more than one year there is no possibility to file DV case ? Kindly answer my two above questions .

Petition for divorce can be filed on the ground of desertion and cruelty. if they filed a complaint under 498A, you can also take a defence because of the filing of the case they have filed the complaint and nothing prevents your cousin brother's wife to file a complaint against her husband and in that case you have got a valid defence of filing the criminal complaint is only to harass and nothing else.