What are the options available when wife files a fake dowry case

My cousin bro wife already give fake dowry complaint in local police station... Police already enquired and closed the fake dowry complaint... Now my cousin brother is planning to file a divorce case against his wife.. My question is 1. police already closed the fake dowry complaint however is there any possibility to file 498a dowry case against my cousin brother and his family members ? 2. Cousin bro wife is in her parents home for last one and half year , is there any possibility to file DV case in court ? BCS I searched in Google many of the lawyers comments is if couples separated more than one year there is no possibility to file DV case ? Kindly answer my two above questions .

Answers (1)

Petition for divorce can be filed on the ground of desertion and cruelty. if they filed a complaint under 498A, you can also take a defence because of the filing of the case they have filed the complaint and nothing prevents your cousin brother's wife to file a complaint against her husband and in that case you have got a valid defence of filing the criminal complaint is only to harass and nothing else.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My wife in her complaint to the police today told them that I have been asking money from her family every now and then. I am thinking that she will f…

Read More

Mein ek Hindu parivar se related lady hoon.mere husband ne shadi k dusre din se hi dahej k liye paresan Krna suru kr diya aur Mara pita bhi . Jisse pa…

Read More

Recently, my brother's wedding took place on 11th of november 2016 (hindu by religion), after marriage we got know that bride is sufferring from d…

Read More

My wife abuses me physically and verbally and also threatens me that if I will touch her she will call the Police and get me arrested in a false dowry…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue