What action can be taken for if husband abandons wife

Daughter married in april 2014 at Kanpur. Boy parents & myself live in Kanpur. Boy works at Mumbai. And has abondoned my daughter since Nov 2015. Want to file pre litigation at Delhi court. Both Hindu families..

Answers (5)

341 votes

You can file pre Litigation mediation in Delhi high court
If it fails you can go ahead file
Complaint for domestic violence maintainance cruelty
However we shall first try to reconcile both husband and wife
For any further query please feel free to revert back
Will be happy to assist and help you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

There are two remedies regarding the same firstly divorce on the basis of cruelty and dessertion.Secondly if you want them to resettle then you can go ahead and file RCR as well that is restitution of conjugal Rights.Therefore your daughter can seek other remedies as well like maintainence and DV act as well choice is yours thanks.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
240 votes

We can discuss the issue further as I specialise in matrimonial laws and can guide you on this. I would be requiring the specific details to guide you on this issue as you have mentioned very little with respect to ghe case.

64 votes

Dear Client you are hereby advised to file for the divorce petition in Kanpur where the marriage took place and where the wife is residing. You are further advised to share your interest as to why you want to file pre litigation at Delhi Courts?

59 votes

For initiating proceedings in delhi first of all u need a resident proof in delhi and after that cause if action for initiation of legal litigation needs to show in delhi then only you can file a complaint in delhi

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles