Wants to obtain divorce without filing a divorce petition in court

I dont have an income nor i have that much of fund to hire a lawyer for my divorce matter plus i was forced to marry but m a student and my husband raped me for a year and tried making me detach from my studies and higher education i eventually left him after less than a year of marriage and now i dont want to case any file which will hamper my studies or future but just want a divorce done so that he can never possess over me.

Answers (3)

301 votes

If you dont have fund to hire lawyer you can opt for free legal aid service at your local court. But you cannot get divorce without filling divorce petition, and if u were forced to marry you can file case for declaration of marriage void.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

no. it is not possible to obtain a divorce without filing a case. but if you can move ahead with a case then it be said that a decree of divorce can be obtained as fast as possible. i would rather request you to file a case and move the matter in order to save the humanity from these kind of persons.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
227 votes

You must not worry, what is important here is the remedy, but in marriage rape is not possible, but there are other ways in which this can be handled and ways can be brought for your remedy. Divorce is a solution here.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles