Wants to get married without giving divorce to my wife

Whats happen if i want to marriage without giving divorce.

Answers (3)

239 votes

Respected sir..
There is no provision in the indian law and specily in hindu law ..If you want to marry another girl you have to adopt muslim law because only muslim can keep 4wife at a time if you did it in hindu law the marriage will be void..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

Dear Sir,
If you do this , then you will be charged under section 494 of INDIAN PENAL CODE , in this provision of law you can be punished up to seven years of imprisonment. First of all try to sought out this matter amicably , if you succeed , then you and your wife can take divorce by filing petition for divorce by mutual consent . In this provision of law you and your wife can take take divorce with in six months , first of all you should think about this option .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
62 votes

Your wife can filed criminal case against you.you have to give divorce your wife. Also your wife can filed a case for maintenance under section 125. And give complaint under section 12 of domestic violence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles