Validity of marriage notary without marriage registration.

What is the validity of marriage notary without registering the marriage and how to void it. Our marriage was done under inter religion marriage act as I am hungry and he is Christian

Answers (4)

143 votes

It is only contract to marriage , but it it is not marriage if you are already married under inter religion marriage their is no necessary to worry about it it is only contract of marriage and it is void.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

In india if you both belong to different religion then the marriage has to be entered into through special marriage act before the registrar of marriage belgaum or either the husband has to convert his religion to the wife's religion or the the wife has to get converted to husband's religion and the marriage has to be performed to as per the converted religion respectively, further the marriage notary is invalid.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
166 votes

There is no validity for marriage notary.. You have to register a marriage before registrar. If you want to dissolve it, then you can make one agreement in bond paper and sign it before notary.. Thank you

264 votes

A Notary Marriage is invalid. Since your husband is a Christian you should have either got your marriage registered before the Registrar of Christian Marriages or you should have got it registered under the Provisions of the Special Marriage Act, before the respective jurisdictional Sub-Registrar Office, after taking permission from your Hungarian Embassy/High Commissioner office/FRRO .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles