Under what circumstances does one need to pay maintenance/alimony?

Hi , In 5 months of marriage my wife lived with me only for 14 days.She is working in Govt. Services and we don't have any child .Now we are going to file mutual consent divorce in future as she doesn't want to live together. There were no demands (cash,household stuff ,car etc) at the time of marriage.Now I'm worried do i need to pay them anything coz it seems a trend these days to marry a file divorce to get money

If you are filing for mutual divorce then divorce is granted as per settlement on basis of which both parties agree to mutual divorce. Court does Grant alimony in mutual divorce cases. So whatever settlement you arrive at with your wife is what the court will also finalise and Grant divorce.

Since you've decided to enter into a Mutual Consent Divorce, please note that you are not legally bound to pay anything since you have also mentioned that she is not claiming any demands (cash, household). It is extremely important that your 'Mutual Divorce Agreement' highlights the fact that she is not claiming anything at present and will not claim anything in the future either.

There are also some important clauses which should be inserted to prevent any future action against you . Do get in touch if you need any further assistance.