Time period of getting divorce

 filed a contested divorce against my husband on family court Hindu marriage act of cruelty 2years passed away I couldn't make this a mutual divorce I want to know how long I need to wait to get divorce.

Answers (4)

82 votes

There is no time frame to decide a case oneway or the other. It depends upon the judge and as well with regard to the back log of cases. However if the opposite party drags your case with a wanton motive the only remedy is to approach the Hon'ble High Court by way of CRP and to get direction for a speedy disposal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

for defense upon the gravity of case,defense upon the feasibility of the court and cooperation of the petitioner with court to get the judgement earlier. in appropriate documents available get the judgement had within six months to year

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
202 votes

Dear Madam , Delay may happened due to non appearance of courts, Huge cases in family courts this may be the reason, apart from this we have to intiate some other legal action for speedy closure, That will be discussed in person.

324 votes

If the husband agreed for mutual only it could be end. Proof and other procedures have to be carried out. The trail court had to complete the process. The High Court shall have the right to pass orders.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles