Son-in-law and daughter not getting along. What are daughter's right?

My daughter has been married for 5 years now. THe thinking of the son-in-law and daughter doesn't match. In simple words my daughter and son-in-law are not getting along. What are rights does my daughter have and what all legal actions can she take against her husband?

Answers (4)

293 votes

If your daughter and son - in - law can part ways mutually  by way of a mutual consent petition. that would be the ideal situation but if thats not the case then it will have to be a contested divorce. There are of course other Civil and Criminal options available under the Law for the protection of your Daughters Rights which include but are not limited to rights to property under certain conditions depending on the specific facts and circumstances of your case. 

65 votes

Your daughter have many rights,she can file the divorce case with maintenance from her husband ,if she wants can file criminal complaints and various sections .first ask your daughter what she wants then take action .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

303 votes

She can apply for grant of divorce or can reside seperately and can demand maintenance and compensation or can apply for judicial seperation

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
117 votes

Your daughter has a right to claim maintenence or full and final settlement by way of mutual consent divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles