Should i apply for divorce? For me my wife is not trust-worthy.

After 6 yrs of married life, everyday i pity myself for taking that decision. Since that wedding day i have always found that my wife is not a trust worthy partner majority of the times. With two kids at one side and my life on the other hand, many times i thought for applying a divorce. But i dont know what to do at this situation. Everyday is a burden for me for the decision i took. Many times i talked, i negotiated but the same happens again n again. Recent issue is..she pawned the Mangal Sutra and ring without informing/consulting with me once. To cover the truth, she told hundred lies .. What action can i take?

Answers (3)

124 votes

One time you think about Divorce the next time you think about save marriage due to presence of children. Some times we can't get a wife as per our wish and think our life is miserable. Give respect and take respect is the best policy in life .But as per your words your wife had no such respect and also there is big communication gap between both of you.

Send the full details of differences between you and your wife.You can choose divorce or consult a psychiatrist .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

141 votes

You are despairing too much. Law certainly offers remedy. However, the decision is yours.

Prima facie, you have grounds for seeking divorce. Pawning Mangal Sutra and similar action smounts to harassment. What are other instances? Will you able to prove her alleged failures as a spouse?

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
304 votes

If the life with your wife is really miserable you can definitly go for the divorce on the ground of mental cruelty. At the same time you must know that you have to pay the maintenance to your wife till she remarries. And you can file the petition for the custody of the children as well.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles