Separated for more than a year how can I claim divorce

physical n mntal torcher made me n my child leave him. v stayng seperate since 1 yr 3 mnths not provinding financial help at al. i hade opened all lic policies on his name n i only paid every premimum want them to b transfred on my name n need him to sign divorce wch he s not doing.he meets my son on weekends bt he dse nt want to take ny responsiblity. my all jwelry with him i m not earning much bt if cud get lil help wud help me to serve my kid bettr. they r disrespecting me in society n nt even ready to sign divorce need a lil guide for lic n for divorce n educational help

You can file a case for Domestic violence under DV Act in which you can ask for maintenance / alimony and a petition for Divorce on ground of mental and physical cruelty. Depending on facts you can also lodge a complaint with the police u/s 498a Indian Penal Code. You can get your jewellery, maintenance and other articles, things etc. If possible you can contact personally for consultancy (chgs Rs 300/- per hour)

You can claim divorce on the grounds of cruelty, L.I.C policy can be transferred once you contact lic agent. you can claim maintenance on the grounds of domestic violence or under section 125 of cr. p.c of maintenance.

Dear client u can ask maintenance for kids by filing case under sec 125 of criminal procedure code against husband. Also if yr husband is not ready for divorce then u can file contested divorce on the ground of cruelty. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil

Pune

FOr getting your maintenance as well as other expenses of your kids, you will have to file Complaint under Domestic Violence law and claim injunction as well as maintenance and other expenses.

Also for the cruelty - mental and financial and physical - and also your Stridhan in his possession - you can also lodge FIR in police station against him.

Once you adopt both the above legal remedies then your husband will be in difficult position legally and he will settle all the pending issues and disputes including signing for divorce.

Hope this helps !