Roman catholic wants to divorce wife without her consent

I would like to get a divorce soon without my wife's consent. Our marriage was 2 months back and I am a Roman Catholic. Please advise if this is possible or how long should I wait to dissolve the marriage.

Answers (3)

337 votes


Minimum period is 2 years to dissolve your marriage, but one option of reduction of minimum period, without your wife's consent means you have initiate divorce proceedings in an appropriate court of Law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

227 votes

After completion of one year of desertion or one year from the date of marriage only you can file divorce petition by mutual consent or you can alone file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty etc....

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
208 votes

Without your wife consent you can't get divorce.
If your wife know this matter whole gang will impairment

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles