Remedy in case parents are not allowing son to marry a girl

My name is Anand Beniwal and I'm a resident of New Delhi. I have a query regarding divorce and remarriage. This is regarding my personal life. I was in a relationship with a girl for the past two years. We both wanted to get married but due to family pressure my girlfriend could not marry me. She was forced to marry someone last month. Now she has gone to her husband's house and is very depressed. She wants to end that marriage and come back. Her parents are not going to support her but she really wants to end that marriage and wants to marry me. My parents will also not allow me to marry her but I still want to get married to her. Please suggest how shall we proceed with this legally.Religion is Hindu for both

Answers (3)

135 votes

This is a privileged matter. You cannot interfere with the married life of a couple. If she would like to have divorce, she would take help an Advocate. You cannot get divorce for her. In case it is matter of domestic violence or any crime, you can only then interfere.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

76 votes

Sorry sir she is some one wife now . You have to control your self and stop all contact with her . As why would her husband divorce her . And keeping relation or contacts with his wife he can file case on you for adultery and you will be in jail . Sir no chance if what ever wrong you are willing for . No way. Now she is wife of some one. So forget her better .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
106 votes

Mr. Beniwal, since the girl is legally wedded now, so cant remarry untill and unless she gets divorce from her husband. There are two options available for her, (1) she can ask husband to mutually dissolved the marriage by filing a divorce petition by mutual consent (2) if her husband does not agree then she can file divorce on her own. In the first option, the marriage will be dissolved within 6 months and in the second option it will be long legal battle.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles