Recovery of streedhan...................

I got married in Jan 2017. from last 7 months I am living at my parents home. my husband abused me at extreme level in 2 month. he always dominate me. mother in law & my husband were treating me as maid. they torture me every day. I am educated but i was not allowed to do job. they didn't give enough money for my personal expenses.everyday he fight with me on silly topics whole day. behind all these things there was big role of mother in law. we are residing not in same city. my family asked them to give back all gold, silver utensils, cash. but they denied to give anything back. All expenses were done by my father for this marriage of both side. this marriage happened for d sake of money. as both of them r very greedy. they are not even coming in front of my family for settelment. I didn't want to take things in public because of my parents prestige. can you please suggest me by which atleast I got back my gold,silver,cash & all expenses done by my father of his side.

Answers (2)

190 votes

Let me first say that a illness cannot be cured by medicinr. In your case you have to take an active step for solution. Which are as follow
1. Lodge a complaint against your in laws at caw( crime against women)cell
2. File a criminal complaint under dowry prohibition act
3 claim maintance under sec 125 crpc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

You may lodge FIR for recovery of stridhan under section 406 IPC. You may also lodge FIR for maltreatment with you. Before lodging you may give notice for that. So that without showing all you may get relief.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles