Property rigths in divorce case

Hindu marriage of 9 year.7 years old kid. Want to go for mutual Divorce. My husband brought a house 3 years ago without my knowledge . No one lived in the house so far. Do I have right to stay in the house with my son?

Answers (2)

324 votes

thanks for writing to us kindly send us detailed information so we can advise you on same. you and your son can claim for maintenance application under CRPC 125 and you can apply for mutual divorce too

Santosh Suryarao

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

Yes.You can file mutual consent divorce petition which will be disposed off in six months.
You can claim the property/portion of property as a one time settlement for alimony and if he agrees for that then it can be made part of consent terms in mutual consent divorce petition.
Right of residence is your basic right you can avail it from court .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

1. Any how divorce is conducted in Hindu Marriage act without court order by district judge? 2. Mutually divorce by advocate, is it granted by law for…

Read More

I am a 27yr old lady staying separately for the last 3 yrs. I have applied for a divorce but the summons are deliberately being postponed by the other…

Read More

my daughter married as per christian marriage act. After 5 yrs husband started cheating her. During this period a son was born who is 3 yrs old now. T…

Read More

My wife & me decide to get divorce mutually. In written she says she will not clame any money from me. Now she has my frud documents of job in s.b…

Read More