Procedure to take Divorce without giving maintenance

My brother had a love marriage in 2015 Dec n his wife left him in March 2016 for silly reason and she refused to get back after several mediation attempts from the family members and also refused to give divorce and constantly trying to get bro out separated from his parents , and bro is now scared to move ligally thinking she might demand a compensation .. After 2 years she now wants to get back to him but don't want stay with in-laws.. Also when it comes to caste her dad is SC N mom kuruba they lied their caste during wedding as we are gowdas however we never had a problem with case as we don't be live in tat practice but now we think she might take the advantage of her caste also during legal separation n demand money, please advise is it possible for us to get her separated without paying any compensation as she never lived with bro also she's double graduate and she works for a mnc and earn, she even got all bad habits like alcohol n smoke.. But now she wants come back

Answers (3)

248 votes

Hi ,
Unless there is sufficient grounds for ur brother to get divorse, he can get it , but for mutual divorse she has to agree otherwise ur bro cannot get divorse .
Also , if ur bro gets divorce , she will claim maintainence .
Then you have to prove to the court she is financially stable and can survive without maintainence .
All this happens only when your bro has sufficient grounds for divorse petition and for mutual divorse , his wife has to agree

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes

if she is working and is capable of maintaining herself you can get decree of divorce , she can not claim maintenance because she is working , you need to confirm whether due to wedlock is there any child if there is a child then she can seek for child maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
105 votes

If you want to get divorce without giving any maintenance to her then you have to prove that she is working and getting handsome salary and you have to prove that she is having. all habits which will be effected to society

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles